Courses and Workshops
Hundreds of course participants, incl. producers, directors, writers, actors, accountants lawyers, network and distribution executives, and financiers, who have joined our UCLAx Entertainment Finance courses, our workshops in the US and Europe, as well as the one-on-one consulting programs, benefited from the hands-on, practical approach provided and the guidance offered by our distinguished guest speakers who share their vast experience.
What they say about our courses and workshops: Testimonials and Guest speaker bites.
Our course guest speakers include (selection is not complete):
- Guest Speaker Cassian Elwes Academy Award-winning Producer and former CAA agent, known for acclaimed features such as “Mudbound“, “The Butler“, “Dallas Buyer’s Club“. Sneak preview Cassian Elwes.
- Robert Cort, Academy Award-winning, Major Studio producer of “Runaway Bride,” “Cocktail,” “Mr. Holland’s Opus,” “On the Basis of Sex,” “Save the Last Dance,” “The Odd Couple,” etc. Sneak preview Robert Cort
- Sneak Preview with Adrian Ward, Ebertament Financier Adrian Ward .
- Entertainment Financier / Owner of collection agency Freeway Entertainment, Gad Wildstrom. Sneak preview with Gadi.
- Babara Javitz leading production executive, formerly with Spelling Entertainment (“Halloween” franchise, “The Last Emporer”, “Superstition“, “Beverly Hills 90210“, “Twin Peaks”, etc.). Sneak preview with Barbara
- Clay Epstein Leafing International Sales Agent, and US distributor. Sneak preview with Clay Epstein
- Leading US distribution executive, Gary Rubin. Sneak Preview with Gary Rubin
- Founder of Sage 32, Richard Botto, CEO, Sneak preview with Richard.
- Producer and Financier Susanne Bohnet, who produced and financed “Hostage,” starring Bruce Willis, “What Women Want” starring Mel Gibson, etc.Sneak preview Susanne Bohnet
- Monella Kaplan Producer and Film Financier (“Edison” starring Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey and Justin Timberlake, etc.). Sneak preview with Monella
- Pascal Borno international sales agent, and producer (“Killing Season” starring Robert de Niro and John Travolta, “Time Traveler” starring Josh Hartnet, etc. Sneak preview with Pascal
- Sneak preview with Gabriela Tagliavini. Independent writer, director, and producer Gabriela Tagliavini
- Sneak preview with Stephen Kerr. Film Financier: Stephen Kerr
- Leading entertainment lawyer Martin Barab. Sneak preview Marty Barab
- Paul Gulino screenplay writer, and screenwriting professor, Author of the renowned book: Screenwriting: The Sequence Approach. Sneak preview Paul Gulino
- Sneak preview with Devery. Devery Holmes, brand integration specialist, CEO of Spark Alliance
Upcoming Courses and Workshops
Our course schedule evolves throughout the year. Make sure to check back periodically for updates or email us at info@FilmFinanceTV.com
06/24 – 09/08/2019: Entertainment Finance Course: ONLINE course. with UCLAx
01/02 – 02/20/2020: Entertainment Finance Course:ONLINE course. with UCLAx
03/25 – 06/12/2020: Entertainment Finance Course: LIVE &ONLINE course. with UCLAx
This course covers the financial aspects of each step of the motion picture value chain (from development through profit participation) and considers the implications of financial choices. Designed to give you a general understanding of how financial deals are structured, topics include how film financing is secured, connecting the production budget to the financing, when a completion guarantor is required, and the various types of domestic and international distribution arrangements. You also learn about third-party profit participation agreements and the practical aspects and procedures that underlie them; terms and definitions that impact bottom line considerations, including contingent compensation; distribution fees and expenses; the producer’s share of profit; distinctions between production, distribution, and marketing costs; and how these costs may significantly impact recoupment and profits (source UCLAx Entertainment Studies).
Cost: Kindly visit the UCLAx website to inquire about course fees.
11/2 – 11/3/2019: 2-Day Workshop:
Basics of Entertainment Finance: How to get your project made!
Live Class in Beverly Hills (468 Camden Dr. #200)
A small group of up to 15 participants is being accepted to work on establishing their (scripted or non-scripted film or television ) project from the inception of an idea to finalizing a business plan including all relevant project information including but not limited to, talent packaging & team, marketing & distribution, projections & and investment financials and and other relevant project information, which makes the project sellable. This is a hands-on workshop focusing on each course participant’s individuals needs and project. Email your inquiry at info@FilmFinanceTV.com.
Cost: EARLY BIRD SPECIAL (until 8/31): $299 p.p., Regular price: $399 (grants are made available to selected participants)
Year-round: One-on-One Training session and project management.
Our team works globally with filmmakers, producers, writers, network and distribution executives, lawyers, and investors on realizing their various projects and supporting their needs in relation to their specific interest and their level of experience in the industry.
We work with you to establishing your (scripted or non-scripted film or television ) project from the inception of an idea to finalizing a business plan including all relevant project information including but not limited to, talent packaging & team, marketing & distribution, projections & and investment financials and and other relevant project information, which makes the project sellable. We work with you on developing a script or television bible that can sell. We help you establish a show content for a non-scripted concept and produce your sizzle reel. We help place your project with network, distribution and finance partners who can be a good match for your project and your vision. Our one-on-one training session and project management session are geared toward meeting your individual needs, no matter if you are established in the industry, have some experience or are an emerging professional. and project. Initial consultations free of charge. The training is subject to the clients level of knowledge and personal requirements in relation to a project or training.
Cost: Initial consultations and project evaluations are free of charge. Once we agree to accept your project or the assignment a weekly/ monthly or project related fee is negotiated base don your individual needs and the work related to your specific situation. If you wish to book individual consultation hours, our rate is $150 per hour.
Email us your inquiry at info@FilmFinanceTV.com.